Thursday, April 2, 2009

awesome night.



wow. last night was awesome. There is a hunger to know our God in the midst of the apathy that fills our lives. Thank you GOD! I was so filled with joy after meeting Charity, Whan, and Stephanie. We're all babies in our walk with the Lord, but I do know that He's faithful. He'll remain faithful to all of us. He'll complete the work started in us... I pray that He'll continue to meet with us in Passion Church and move powerfully in everyone of our lives. The meeting went up til 11:52pm. We started at 8:30! So many things we needed to pray together about, shared, and explained how God was moving the past week or even in the past few months. As believers in Christ, we must continue to meet, to encourage our spiritual sisters and brothers, and help them to move forward toward the goal. I'm so thankful for the members. It doesn't seem like there's an age gap. Weird. Am I acting younger? or do they act older? But What I do know, is that when the holy spirit is flowing, there's just a lot of joy and openness to one another. I feel as though God just added more members into his family! More love. More hope. More building in the character of Christ. Love it! hahahahaha. I'm being overwhelmed right now with joy and peace. whoohooo!

Another thing that God's been pressing on my heart is to be wholly devoted to Him. This means not just when I want to devote myself, but devoting my eyes, my ears, my actions, my mouth, and my heart to Him. The Young Adult ministry has been going out to watch movies every week.. and now what I look at is if it's okay for my spiritual walk with God or not. If it's NC-17 or Rated R, I choose to lay it down. I don't want to be deceived or even grow apathetic toward those kind of contents. That'll make me more numb. I want to be on fire. I want to be passionately in love with Jesus! and because He tells me to give Him everything I will. I know I'll be facing alot of different opinions about this, but for those who think this is weird, and you're a believer please watch the videos below from p4cm. ESPECIALLY the one about spiritual famine and also you just lost one by Blair Wingo. Gets me so pissed at satan whenever I watch those videos. How easy it is for us to fall into temptation and how when we do compromise we are giving into apathy and glorifying ourselves and our flesh. SO, I deleted all my secular music last week. 40 gigs of secular music. No secular music in my ipod. I do not want to glorify my flesh or even myself, but glorify Him because He's redeemed me. No more of the temporary pleasure. No more of idolizing.

There's a part of me, that asked me how I'm going to reach out to the lost then. Yes there needs to be a connection.. in some way or form. I do have an imeem account to know the songs that are becoming popular these days.. to be able to connect with those who love music. That's one way I can actually connect with people.. through the topic of music. Yes, I will go watch some movies so that I can connect with people, but it wouldn't necessarily mean that I'm going there to watch the movie, but to spend time with people. I ask God for wisdom to help me distinguish and discern when he wants me to go and when he doesn't. ^^

How come we can't be wholly devoted to him? Why is it so hard for us to give up our lifestyle for God?! Why do you struggle and compromise and fall into the exact chains that Christ has freed you of? Church, we cannot be like the world because we are not of the world! Light and darkness have nothing in common. Just shine your light, show the love the Christ has for you, and for those who have an ear, listen to what the spirit is saying to you!

2 comments:

  1. hahahh! whan, i think you're the only one reading my blogs. hahahaha. awesome!

    ReplyDelete