Friday, February 12, 2010

SOAP: Exodus 29:29


Exodus 29:29 (New International Version)

 29 "Aaron's sacred garments will belong to his descendants so that they can be anointed and ordained in them."

Observation: God has chosen Aaron to be the first priest. God had given the Israelites, specifically the Levites instructions on how to be holy. Since they were chosen to go into the holy of holies where the spirit of the Lord was, they had to be set apart. As it is also illustrated in the jewish marriage, the husband is the one that is set apart that can go into the wife. In order for the priests to come before the presence of God, they had to be cleansed with water. (prophetic for water baptism). The priests had to wear certain garments with specific instructions so that they may offer sacrifices to the Lord. This struck out to me because it states "sacred garment" which reminded me of the robes of righteousness that God's people will wear, through Christ' sacrifice and resurrection. 1 Peter 2:9 "9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." Through Jesus Christ, we are made to be priests, set apart from the world so that we can be in the presence of our God. Revelation 1:6 (New International Version) "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen." Amazing how we are like Aaron and his descendants and that there are specific requirements just as they as priests had. Our requirement would be our faith in Christ and proclaiming within our hearts that He is Lord.

Application:
I have to realize that as a follower of Christ, God has set me apart for His glory and His purposes. Through the robe of righteousness that I have received from believing and making Jesus LORD, I will grow in sanctification. I am called to be like my Father in heaven, to strive for holiness and surrender my will so that He may restore me back to Him. 1 Peter 1:16 "for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

Prayer: Dear God, help me to touch no unclean thing so that I may live. Help me to surrender my selfishness and help me to grow in holiness. Just like Jesus prayed to sanctify your people with truth, sanctify me.

No comments:

Post a Comment