Monday, January 4, 2010

Here I come, 2010.



So.  Alot has happened since I've posted here. MK, Monica and I went to New York for a little bit.

I was asked by Patrick what was the most memorable moment that I had in New York.  There were alot of things but nothing truly stuck out to me like the time of worship we had all together in NY and bible study we had in NJ. In NY, Mike had a songbook that he clearly hasn't updated for a while since it had some worship songs from the 90s and 2000. We had a time of worship together around 3 in the morning.  Mike busted out his guitar and tried to play some strings and MK played mike's awesome and very expensive ukelele. Even though I had lost my voice due to a cold that came with me to NY, I tried to whisper the lyrics with mk and mon. I felt so at peace and I just wanted to cry! hahaha. It was truly awesome. God was faithful throughout the entire trip.  We were late to the airport, late to the train to NJ, got snowed in, flight got cancelled, MK got yelled at couple of times for videotapping, mon coughed and had sore throat, I had a fever and nearly threw up on the metro, we walked through central park at night, etc etc. God was faithful. We literally had to pray alot every moment that we had. It was truly awesome. It was great to spend time with Mike and also to see Tina, Dave, Helen and meet MK's oh so very talented family also. I guess if I had to put it into words, what this trip would be called, it would be "God is Faithful".

Next big thing that happened...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!
That in itself should explain how wonderful it is!

Jesus Generation Conference:
After Christmas, My sister invited me to a Jesus Generation Conference at a church called Blessed International, located in Anaheim. I personally didn't want to go since it was obviously going to be about signs and wonders and health wealth when walking in glory gospel.  And I was right. The guest speakers were Jerame and Miranda Nelson.  I took notes during the whole seminar so that I can go back to scripture.

During worship, Jerame picked up a stone from the ground and claimed it to be a diamond.  He said that the diamond was one of the stones on the breastplate of the priest in the OT and it represented the tribe of Benjamin.  He also claimed that the Lord had "most" favor on Benjamin and since the diamond fell, God had favor on Blessed and wanted to work mightily during the service.
 I immediately searched through scripture.

Exodus 28
15 "Fashion a breastpiece for making decisions—the work of skilled hands. Make it like the ephod: of gold, and of blue, purple and scarlet yarn, and of finely twisted linen. 16 It is to be square—a span [a] long and a span wide—and folded double. 17 Then mount four rows of precious stones on it. The first row shall be carnelian, chrysolite and beryl; 18 the second row shall be turquoise, lapis lazuli and emerald; 19 the third row shall be jacinth, agate and amethyst; 20 the fourth row shall be topaz, onyx and jasper. [b] Mount them in gold filigree settings. 21 There are to be twelve stones, one for each of the names of the sons of Israel, each engraved like a seal with the name of one of the twelve tribes.

There was no diamond. (I checked again when I got home and found out that other translations had diamond)

Next thing I wrote in my notes was: Tribe of Benjamin = diamond?

The scary thing was as Miranda spoke, she mixed in truth with the lies.  Very keen and decieving. She mentioned some scriptures in their correct context but others she did not.

She mentioned things similar to Bill Johnson saying, " Are you made untouchable when you obey the Lord? His Glory will be revealed on YOU.  If you let God arise in you, poverty will vanish.  Things have to go.  Kingdom of God is coming to earth and you have to release it.  She stated (using Shadrach, Meeshach, Abendego) that, " every form of enemy could not touch them because they had a fire inside them." " We are made to be signs of God."  He wants you to walk in good health and in prosperity.  You don't have to accept sickness.  You don't have to recieve attacks.  We must be so on fire, that we do not compromise.  You rebuke the sickness by not cursing but blessing."  If you walk in the fruits of the holy spirit, good things start happening to you.  God wants to use you as a sign and wonder."

Obviously, all this is false.  I got the gest of the message where it's about walking in holiness and attaining the fruits of the holy spirit, but clearly, there is many many many false teachings in there. Sucks for people who are sick, and they're told it's because they don't have the fire or it's cuz they have a sin or they don't have the fruits of the HS. Bill Johnson was sick this passed year from a hernia. I wonder if he thought, " Maybe it's because the glory of God left or if it's because I've sinned against the Lord... etc. It's devastating to hear people ask,  "Do I have this sickness because of a sin I've committed? or Do I not have enough faith and that's why God's choosing not to heal me? or Is it my fault that I'm still sick?"

BILL JOHNSON IS SICK!

Clearly, the story of JOB is evidence that it's not because of any of those things. It happens cuz it happens. Sometimes it's something we reap because of our actions, but it's clearly not ALWAYS because someone sinned that they're being punished.

So after the conference was over and everyone got prayed over by these two guest speakers, I told my sister how much they're twisted the word of God and how I couldn't find a correlation between diamond and tribe of benjamin and also diamond on the priestly garment. She told me to talk to them and so I asked them.

I've asked Where is it in the Bible?, Show me in the bible, Where is it? like 10x. (i'm overexaggerating)  Jerame: "That's a very good question."
Jerame could not answer me but told me to look it up online typing benjamin and diamond on google and that I probably had the wrong translation. (He was right about the wrong translation.) Miranda pushed Jerame slightly to usher him to leave the room while I was standing in front of them with my bible open.

I wished I had a tape recorder.

So to make the long story short, Diamond does not represent Tribe of Benjamin, it's Amethyst. I haven't found anything using google on the tribe of benjamin being God's favorite.

I pray for the people at Blessed International Fellowship. God please give them discernment. Help them uphold the word of God above their personal experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment