Thursday, June 24, 2010

Convo with God Part 2

Another moment conversing with God.

This morning, I was in the shower and was constantly thinking about the laptop that was recently purchased and was on its way to me. My thoughts were so consumed by the idea of having something new and tangible and also at the same time bringing limitless opportunities. All of a sudden, my thoughts were interrupted.

God asked me, "Why are you eagerly waiting and counting down the days to get your laptop but you dont do that for me?"

It struck me hard that I immediately dropped my thoughts and admitted. It's true. Why would I let something that is going to waste away in this life be what my life is revolving around? I saw God's desire for me to want him more than the temporary things. So I told Him, " God, sorry. You're right. I have to make my heart right before you and not idolize stupid things like that. HAHA. Plus, You are the one that provided it anyways. I cannot cherish the gift more than the Giver."

After getting ready, I got into the car and started to listen to the radio.
After listening to Charles Stanley on 107.9 I turned it off for a second and as I left my thoughts to wander and question, I grabbed my pen, knowing how easily I forget.. and started to jot down my conversation with God.

(I advise you not to do this while driving.)

Since our natural tendency is to want control .. and how we get mad because it usually doesn't go the way we planned it.. we blame God when He's simply showing us in his mercy the truth about us... and that is we are not in control. We are not god.

Then I started to think about the iphone and how lots of people are dying to see it and have it but the more imprisoned it can make man. The more caged, imprisoned man becomes as he selectively chooses what he wants... the level of gratification.. becomes no longer gratifying cuz it all levels out to become the same... The more greener it is on the other side becomes a lifestyle that many choose when it's actually an illusion.

I realized the shorter our attention span becomes, the more picky, dependent, particular, self centered, and ultimately egotistical man becomes. The more we choose to indulge in the right now... but the less we understand that it'll lead us to self destruction.

How we refuse to confront and how we actually willingly choose to believe that avoidance is the way out when it actually leaves a more shallow, regretful life.

Risks aren't wanted because pride cannot stand failures or pain.
The value of waiting and being patient can no longer be found... which is sad because moving in the direction we are going, we will no longer understand and experience what it means to have depth in relationships and experiences. Man refuses wisdom because that means man has to be in a place of uncomfortableness where he is not in control...
And in order for us to find freedom, we must submit to truth.. BUT because man refuses to receive the truth.. he will forever be bound.

For those of you who are truly desperate for the freedom and truth, it begins with admittance. Christ then brings you to a place of no longer living for the world but leaves you in a state of rebelling against it. We begin to rebel against ourselves and our flesh.. determined to have victory in the hope of knowing that it was already overcome through Jesus Christ on the cross. Realizing this truth, sets you free. True freedom where no matter where you are.. no matter who you meet.. no matter what circumstance... you are able to walk in peace and freedom.

I desire for Christ to be the center of my life. I desire to take the reigns of my thoughts and submit before Christ so that I may walk in the freedom and peace and love that Christ has purchased on the cross for me.

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment