Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God and I conversing in the car

I was driving to work today and had this urge to write my prayers down.  I thought I'd just like to share what God and I were conversing about today.

Why is there suffering?

It boils down to this: God proves that He's in control, not us.  If our lives went perfectly like how we have planned, we will always think we're in control... we would be wasting the very reason we were created.. to walk with God.

Suffering is used to break our own self-dependence and reliance.  It is used to humble and have us admit that we are not God and not everything goes the way we planned.  But we as sinful men, we continue to strive to rely on self.. because the very core of our being wants to be god.  (Gen.3:5)

Why do people get mad when someone cuts them off?
Why do people get mad when they find out they have a serious illness?
Why do people get mad when their  computer crashes?

It is because it's not going the way they've planned.

When we truly understand that God is God, we would not be offended at what takes place because we know and trust that everything is under  His control.  We trust that all the injustices will be justified in Christ.

I then saw an Audi sports car drive by.

How much more of a burden and worry does one have if he or she is rich?   There are way more things to take care and help maintain ones lifestyle than a person with less.  How much more burdened and enslaved is a rich man?  It seems more burdensome but i believe the poor can be in the same situation.  The poor can be chained to their greed or envy too.  Whether it be the material or spiritual, everyone that does not have Christ is chained.  Many Christians, like myself choose to be chained sometimes.. to put the chains that Christ has freed us of because we get carried off about ourselves and not God.  That's not right either.  We must fix our eyes on Christ and not ourselves.  Christ saves us from ourselves.

Another thought that branched out of this was the fact we don't give God the credit.

When we get carried away about ourselves... we forget to give Him thanks for the air we breathe, the connections in our brain, the wavelengths, the lungs expanding, the eyes opening, the blood flowing, the ability to walk, run, talk, paint, design, etc.  Everything is not from what we do but it is simply God giving us the ability to do those things.  Man!

God, help me to not be offended.  Help me to love you more than myself. Give me the grace to thank you so that I won't steal the glory that belongs to you.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this jennifer.
    I really thank god for you and you glorifying him through your blog.
    tomorrow is my internship fair and I have to admit, God couldnt have chosen a better time to have led me to read this entry than right now.

    ReplyDelete