Tuesday, March 17, 2009

righteousness by works / wicked in repentance.

Ezekiel 33: 12 -16
Matthew 21: 28 - 32

Do you guys see the similarity? I was blown away during my QT. When Jesus was saying this to the pharisees, it was exactly what God was using Ezekiel to speak to the House of Israel.
1st son -
- says out of his mouth "no" to his father but does what his father asks of him.
- wicked man who turns away from his sin and does what is just and right will not die.
- prostitutes and the tax collectors that Jesus is talking about.

2nd son -
- says out of his mouth "yes" to his father but does not do what his father asks of him.
- righteous man who trusts in his righteousness and does evil will not be remembered.
- pharisees and the teachers of the law during that time. (this can apply to us too.)

God tells Ezekiel his view of his people in Ezekiel 33:31-32. It is not only for the house of Israel but also for the church.

"My people come to you, as they usually do, and sit before you to listen to your words, but they do not put them into practice. With their mouths, they express devotion, but their hearts are greedy with unjust gain. Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice."

Prayer : God be merciful to me and keep me. Help me to not give you empty words but my whole heart to you. I am blind to my own ways, shed light so that I can be more like your son. Forgive me for being like a pharisee and thank you for breaking me. God, I ask that you may train us and speak to us like Ezekiel, that we may be clean vessels for you to use. Open our mouths and have us proclaim truth being filled with your spirit. In Jesus' Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment